Wednesday, March 11, 2015


Brynn's Farewell was Sunday March 8th. These are a few excerpts from her talk.

"Let me give you a few facts about my mission. So I have been called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints in the Lima Peru East Mission. Lima is the capital of Peru and is the largest city in the country. With a population of 9 million around the area making it the fifth largest city in South America. Lima is the second largest desert capital city after Cairo Egypt... The Church is very well established in the city of Lima and is one of the dominant religions. There is also a temple in Lima Peru. Another fun fact about Peru is that they are known for their potatoes. Potatoes originated in Peru and there are over 3,000 different varieties there.... I thought I was done with potatoes for a little while when I came home from school... The average male height in Peru is around 5’4”.. and I’m 5’3” and 3/8... so there is a little bit of common ground."


...And the an amazing talk on Faith...

"I am very excited to go out and serve the people of Lima but there have been a few times when I have woken up in the middle of the night anxious about leaving. At those times I let doubt and fear sway me. I thought why would I want to go out to a foreign country and learn a language I purposefully avoided learning in high school. No one would be able to relate to me down there. I could be doing so much more staying in school and having fun with my friends going about my life in Idaho. Eating Idaho potatoes instead of Peruvian potatoes. However, shortly after each panic episode, the spirit helped me to recognize that these thoughts of doubt were not from my loving Heavenly Father or Savior. Joshua 1:9 states, “Be strong and of good courage be not afraid neither be thou dismayed for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest.” I know that serving a mission will not be easy but it will be worth it to bring the gospel to his children in Lima Peru. I know at times when I feel alone I need to remember that I am never alone. Through faith in Jesus Christ I know that he will always have his arms stretched out towards me and all I need to do is come unto Him. Living the gospel brings me such joy and happiness and I am so excited to reach out to others so they may feel that too. "


Later that evening we had an Open House for Brynn.  Thank you for all those who came and sent her off with hugs, kisses and words of encouragement. We are truly blessed with wonderful family and friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment