Monday, April 6, 2015

 I brought Easter to the MTC :)  We are having an Easter Egg Hunt with paper cut out eggs.


 
First I am so excited for conference!! 

      So I won't be able to attend the Lima Peru temple while I'm here in the MTC. The temple is closed for the exact 6 weeks that I am here! So that's sad. On fast Sunday I heard some talks and watched an old devotional from a while ago with Elder Holland and he said "missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation is not easy. Why would it EVER be easier for you if it was NEVER easy for Him¨".  I know I belong here. I  do better when I forget myself; which is the whole purpose of this mission. This mission is not mine. This mission is God´s through me. I am the instrument. :)
      Easter is this Sunday and no one down here celebrates Easter!  So me being me, I asked the president's wife if I could put together an Easter egg hunt on p-day! She said yes so I told my companion my ideas. We went to the store today and bought construction paper and hard candies. We cut out egg shapes and taped the candy to it! My companion and I are the only hermanas in our district. We sometimes feel like the elder's moms!
      I want to tell Kristin "Happy Birthday!!!!" I know it is a little early but I'd rather be early then a day late!!!  TOVYN GET BACK ON THE PIANO AND DON'T STOP PLAYING! I wish I never stopped playing piano. Tovyn you have a natural gift for the piano, we all have seen it by the way you move to the music, so you need to get back into lessons, okay! Promise! 
     We played volleyball with the Latinos this week and it was hilarious because they just think its football with an elevated net in the middle, so funny!   No one follows any rules!
      I have had a hard week...the song "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" has these lyrics that I love. The last verse and the last sentence says something like.... "prone to wander Lord I feel it..prone to leave the God I love, here's my heart so take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above"... Just like this song, dad and mom, I have left to embark in the service of God. I know this is were I need to be. I have wandered far from home and I have left you with my heart so take and seal it for me! :)  I am beyond thankful for your support and your emails. Please let everyone know I am doing well! I love you all. I get to watch "Meet the Mormons" this Saturday! Last Sunday I got to watch "17 Miracles"!  I also got to hear "Glorious" by David Archuletta!  Kelli, you know how much we love that song! It made me think of you and me getting ready for church all the time or just playing it to distract each other from our homework  and remember when we got to see "Meet the Mormons" together in the theater!    Jenna Zmrzel if you are reading this forgive me, I didn't have time to respond individually to any body! Tay, Livi, Haley, Cat; all my home skillits, haha, I love you all, I'm sorry, I will write you all next week!!!
Love Hermana Bergeson!

1 comment:

  1. I love this sweet girl, Because of her fun and amazing personality she will a blessing to the people of Peru...

    ReplyDelete